Hello Friend of the Jack Lisi Youth Award,
The Jack Lisi Youth Award Board of Directors wants to let you know that the Jack Lisi Award nominations and disbursements are now handled by the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc. The Community Foundation is a trusted nonprofit organization based in Horseheads, NY with a history of administering similar awards, scholarships, and grant programs in our area.
We believe this transition will help the Jack Lisi Youth Award Board of Directors focus on celebrating our recipients and fundraising efforts to continue this program for many years to come! Through transferring the award to the Community Foundation, students and JLYA nominators will continue to receive the same individualized care and support you’re used to.
With the transition to the Community Foundation, we will utilize the same software the Community Foundation utilizes for their scholarship program. Therefore, your nominations and selections will be made within the online portal.
What you need to know:
· There has been no change to the definition and eligibility of the award.
· Winners of previous awards have been contacted regarding the transition; no change has been made to previous winners’ awards.
· Your new contact person for all nomination and award-related questions will be Katie (McConville) Strickler at the Community Foundation.
· Krystle Blencowe will continue to handle the award reception and celebration.
· Nomination forms have been moved to the Community Foundation’s online software.
How do I nominate someone? Nominations open NOW!
· Visit bit.ly/JackLisi (website is CASE SENSITIVE)
· Create an account with your information within the system. (You may disregard text alerts).
· Once logged in, type “JackLisi” in the “Access Code” text box in the top right corner.
· Click “Apply” to the “Jack Lisi Youth Award Nomination” and submit information for your Nomination.
· You must submit your nomination no later than March 15th, 2024.
Selection and Next Steps
· If more than one student is nominated from your school district, you will receive instructions to log in and review the nominations sometime between March 18th-22nd. You will be requested to select the recipient around March 22nd.
· If only one student is nominated from your school district, you will be notified and we will send the necessary information to both you and the selected recipient.
· The Jack Lisi Board of Directors will continue to celebrate the recipients at an annual awards ceremony. Krystle Blencowe will handle the details of the ceremony and you will hear from her as information becomes available.
We believe this transition will help the growth and strength of the Jack Lisi Youth Award and greatly appreciate your dedication and support of students in our region. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
Krystle Blencowe, Former Program Manager
Katie McConville Strickler Scholarships and Youth Philanthropy Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning