Hello Past JLYA Award Recipient,
The Jack Lisi Youth Award Board of Directors wants to let you know that the Jack Lisi Award disbursements are now handled by the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc. The Community Foundation is a trusted nonprofit organization based in Horseheads, NY with a history of administering similar awards, scholarships, and grant programs in our area. This transition helps the Jack Lisi Youth Award Board of Directors focus on celebrating our recipients and fundraising efforts to continue this program for many years to come! Through transferring your award to the Community Foundation, you can trust the award will be handled with the same individualized care you’re used to.
What you need to know:
· There has been no change to the amount remaining of your award.
· There is no change in the award disbursement request submission form.
· Your award will still expire 5 years after the original date of award.
What has changed?
· Your contact person to request award disbursements has changed. You must now submit your requests to Katie McConville Strickler at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions will be directed to Katie.
· If you are utilizing your award for Workforce or Educational Materials, you may only utilize to $500 of your award per year.
We believe this transition will help the growth and strength of the Jack Lisi Youth Award.